Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Brilliant Braille!



















its now 11pm and i just wrote out a big blog entry and then all got lost because blogger.com blogged out! aaaaaah!

So.... my Braille turned out really well! The one I laid-out in Screen mag style didnt work as expected because the Braille printer cannot recognise the bits of text all over the page, but the one in real Braille style worked well!
Ive asked to borow the Braille typewriter to experiment with different coloured cards, but my friend can only get it to me on Thursday afternoon, so i hope its not gonna be too complicated!

Part 4, Ive been experimenting with collage, stitch, and printing with cellulose thinners (which Luke told me about, and Ive never used it before and I really like its effects, but not in a sniffing way). I spent most of the afternoon using it, and started feeling quite light headed but it was worth it. Ive been using photocopies of blown up and shrunk images and sections from the front cover of screen, then printing them with the thinners and collaging and stitching with them.
oooh i nearly forgot, i made some paper for the first time ever today, will be interesting to see how it looks when its dried.
Ive done lots of sketch book work, so check out the photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home